Suggestions for Delivering This Introduction
To make your event as successful as possible, it's important for your speaker to come to the platform with the audience in a high state of anticipation. Creating that mood depends heavily on the professionalism and enthusiasm with which you deliver the introduction.
- please read over the introduction several times before delivering it, even rehearsing by reading aloud
- deliver the introduction unhurriedly, yet with energy
- pause briefly between bullet points or at places where the text is set off by a series of dots (…)
Thank you for taking the time to make this introduction a vital part of the event.
Introduction for Dr. Mike Armour
- Our speaker today has been a leader all of his life.
- He has excelled at taking troubled organizations and putting them back on their feet.
- Among other things he has been
- a Navy captain in the field of intelligence
- the founder of a highly successful private school
- a university dean
- a college president
- the CEO of an international humanitarian organization serving two-dozen countries
- a long-time leader in faith-based organizations
- a Congressional candidate
- and an international resource specialist for character-based education in Russia and Ukraine
- He holds degrees from five colleges and universities, including a Ph.D. from UCLA.
- He has been published in over 20 languages and is an award-winning author in the field of leadership.
- For forty years he has frequently addressed audiences across the United States and around the world … from South Korea … to Latin America … to Africa … to the Balkans … to Ukraine … to Asiatic Russia.
- He now owns Strategic Leadership Development International, Inc., a Dallas-based firm which he founded in 2001. His company helps top-level executives build stronger leadership teams … deeper levels of trust … and achieve peak performance.
- He also has a subsidiary in East Africa which trains public sector leaders, from local officials to cabinet members.
- Mike has personally coached over 500 entrepreneurs and corporate executives, including top-level managers in some of America's largest corporations.
- Today he speaks to us on the theme of _________________________________.
- Please join me in welcoming Dr. Mike Armour.